Sunday, August 11, 2013

Pod Nod

BIG NEWS!!!

I talked about how parts of L-pod have come back, but J-pod has just been seen in the area as well as K-pod! We might be talking about a superpod in days to come! Ooh, I’m so excited!

Also, I have experienced my first pod nod. Pod nods are overnight sleepovers at the museum for children. I think this one went extremely well. It was an advanced pod nod, so there was a larger (and older) age group. We learned about tidal pools (Brittany and Jerusha brought up sea critters from the dock to show the kids) and did some crafts. And then we went on two night tours—the museum flashlight tour (they kids loved this) and the Pier Peer, in which bright lights were hung underneath the pier so we could peer down and see some critters! It was so cool!
Nudibranch

Anemones


There were worms, shrimp, larval crabs, nudibranchs, and I even helped capture a baby moon jelly!

Then we watched a movie and went to bed. The adults were stationed around the room to make sure that everyone stayed okay, but I got the coveted spot.




And then I got home today and slept for three hours more. Oh man, I forgot how exhausting exited little kids can be. But oh, what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment