Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Deception Pass

Just a note: today has been so fast and full of stuff that I'm splitting today into two separate posts. See Part Two here.

Today started off very early with breakfast with Lilli before I headed out on the ferry.

Lilli got a Lisa Frank inspired orca before I left

Yum!


I had my suitcase in hand as I waved good bye to San Juan Island.

It was a very emotional time.

On the other side of the sea, I met my designated driver for today. No shuttles for me. Instead I was whisked off on a magnificent trip of the specialties of the Pacific Northwest.

At this time, I would like to take a moment and thank him for his patience because he stopped whenever I wanted to take pictures and I truly appreciate it to the bottom of my heart. 

First we stopped by Deception Pass. Oh my goodness, it was so gorgeous!

First, the bridge


Next, one breath-taking side!





Deception pass runs between Fildago Island and Whitdbey Island and between the sunny skies and the gorgeous deep emerald-teal of the water that the camera just can't quite capture, it was breathtaking.







You can walk along the bridge and take as many pictures as you like...and I did. 



I got to see a heron




No comments:

Post a Comment